Triple Fruit Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/4 cups each fresh blueberries, raspberries and chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine fruits and extract; toss to coat. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, nutmeg and salt. Add to fruit; stir gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Stir lemon juice into fruit mixture; spoon into the crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 410 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 24, 2019
Excellent! I used black berries instead of rhubarb for a triple berry pie and my family loved it. This is a pie I'll be asked to make again.
Jun 5, 2011
C hrisBoyce, you need to buy a box of Minute Tapioca. Kraft is one brand..The box is about twice the size of a pudding box. Many fruit pie recipes call for tapioca, and it's not the pudding. It's a thickening agent. Margie-Lou
Jun 5, 2011
An excellent pie. Used fresh rhubarb and frozen berries. This will become a spring tradition.
May 30, 2011
One of the best pies I have ever eaten. I was not a rhubarb eater until I visited my sister-in-law's and she served me this pie. I asked for the recipe and now make it every year during rhubarb season.
Aug 23, 2010
This recipe was wonderful it tasted great. However I am not sure if I did something wrong because my pie didn't settle it was really runny. I was confused on the tapioca. I just purchased the Cook and Serve Jello Tapioca and made it and then added 1/4 c. of the tapioca to the mix. Was this correct or what was the correct way? More specific instructions would have been helpful. Over all though runny or not it was delicious!