Triple Fruit Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/4 cups each fresh blueberries, raspberries and chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine fruits and extract; toss to coat. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, nutmeg and salt. Add to fruit; stir gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Stir lemon juice into fruit mixture; spoon into the crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 410 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 5, 2011
C hrisBoyce, you need to buy a box of Minute Tapioca. Kraft is one brand..The box is about twice the size of a pudding box. Many fruit pie recipes call for tapioca, and it's not the pudding. It's a thickening agent. Margie-Lou
Jun 5, 2011
An excellent pie. Used fresh rhubarb and frozen berries. This will become a spring tradition.
May 30, 2011
One of the best pies I have ever eaten. I was not a rhubarb eater until I visited my sister-in-law's and she served me this pie. I asked for the recipe and now make it every year during rhubarb season.
Aug 23, 2010
This recipe was wonderful it tasted great. However I am not sure if I did something wrong because my pie didn't settle it was really runny. I was confused on the tapioca. I just purchased the Cook and Serve Jello Tapioca and made it and then added 1/4 c. of the tapioca to the mix. Was this correct or what was the correct way? More specific instructions would have been helpful. Over all though runny or not it was delicious!