- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, melt white baking chips in a microwave; stir until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chips. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Frost cookies; sprinkle with peppermint candies. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forTriple-Chocolate Peppermint Treats
"I made these for my book group's cookie exchange and I think they were the tastiest ones. My mom thought so, too. I used all semi-sweet chocolate chips, instead of the other chocolate bar and white chocolate chips. Next time I would add some milk to the frosting to make it spread more easily. It was too pasty."
"These minty chocolate cookies are awesome. I get my kids to help decorate them."
"The flavor combination was great, but the cookies were a bit dry. Thankfully, the buttercream icing I used helped add some moisture. I may try them again next Christmas, but I will definitely decrease the flour, which should make them more moist."
"These are the Christmas cookies everyone is going to remember and request every year!"
"Made these at Christmas, and words cannot describe how much we loved them!!! Making them for valentines day!! Thanks, Sherri :)"
"Our NEW Christmas favorite. Wonderful. Put a 1/4 tsp. of Peppermint flavoring in the frosting for an extra kick."
"Just made these after reading all the good reviews and they were GREAT! Everyone loved them."