Chocolate lovers, brace yourselves. This cocoa creation and its saucy accompaniment make a heavenly combination. —Jenny Staniec, Oak Grove, Minnesota
Recommended: 23 of Our Most Decadent Chocolate Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mixes, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place the water, raspberries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until well blended. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and lemon juice; stir in raspberry puree. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until serving.
- Dust cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings (2-2/3 cups sauce).
Originally published as Triple-Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p45
Reviews forTriple-Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review