Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sugar, eggs, sour cream and oil; beat on low 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Remove half of the batter to another bowl; stir in cocoa until blended. Fold chocolate chips into remaining batter.
- Alternately spoon batters into prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix frosting and enough milk to reach glaze consistency. Spoon over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 384 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 21, 2014
This cake was moist, but not one of my favorites. I made chocolate ganache for the frosting to give it that extra chocolately taste.
Jul 11, 2013
Very good cake - I love when I can take a cake mix and turn it into something a bit more special.
Jun 8, 2013
Wonderful quick cake. Very pretty and delicious. Have made it 5 times in the last two weeks to give as gifts. Did not use the frosting, used a glaze instead. 2/3 c. conf. sugar, 2 T. cocoa, 1/4 t. vanilla, 3 -4 t. hot water.
Feb 25, 2012
We love this recipe. It's very moist, so it keeps well. I make my own dark chocolate glaze for this cake. Not sure it needs the extra sugar.
Feb 16, 2012
I have made this recipe many times and it always gets rave reviews. It has a great mix of chocolate flavors and is very moist. My family likes it with a bit of extra frosting so I often double the frosting and fill the center of the bundt cake with the extra so every piece can have a bit more.
Aug 19, 2011
My family loves this recipe. It's very moist and yummy -- especially with a dollop of whipped cream!
Dec 28, 2010
Loved this cake! Made this for my dads birthday, it was gone by the next day! I'm going to make it again for my grandparents anniversary. Very easy to make and it's delicious.
Dec 20, 2010
Will make it for an additional dessert for Christmas, pot luck New Years day then Super Bowl Sunday comes into play. What could be more divine if their team dosent win?
Dec 20, 2010
Beautiful to look at and the most scrumptious cake ever. Will be making it for an additional Christmas dessert and pot luck New Years Day Then Super Bowl Sunday comes into play with this delectable fancy.
Feb 14, 2010
I've had this twice and made it once. Very delicious and no leftovers!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.