Triple Cheese Spread
"You'll love this cheesy and cream spread," promises Debbi Smith of Crossett, Arkansas. "The carrots add nice color and crunch."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels, optional
- In a blender, combine the cheeses, milk, dill and pepper. Process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in carrots. Cover and chill. Just before serving, stir in the sunflower kernels if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 41 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 0 sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 meat.
Originally published as Triple Cheese Spread in Taste of Home December/January 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.