Triple Cheese Potato Cake with Ham
This delicious and exquisite souffle-like side dish combines the classic flavors of ham, chives and three different cheeses. The crispy crust and fluffy interior make it over-the-top amazing. —Rebekah Radewahn, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-in. springform pan; dust with 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream, cubed butter, chives, salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring to blend after each addition. Spread half of potato mixture into prepared pan. Layer with cheese slices, ham and remaining potatoes. In a small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese and remaining bread crumbs; stir in butter. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack, 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Serve warm.
Originally published as Savory Triple Cheese Potato Cake with Ham in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.