Triple-Cheese Florentine Frittata
This upscale ham and cheese frittata recipe contains many of my favorite ingredients and flavors. It's moist, colorful and most of all delicious.—Collette Hunt, Chandler, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min.
- 3 small red potatoes (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water; microwave, covered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; drain.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add spinach to same pan; cook and stir 30-45 seconds or until wilted. Drain spinach and squeeze dry; coarsely chop. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, wine, oregano, pepper and salt; stir in cheddar cheese, ham, Swiss cheese, onion and spinach. Gently stir in potatoes.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, until nearly set, 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until eggs are completely set. 2-4 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.