This upscale ham and cheese frittata recipe contains many of my favorite ingredients and flavors. It's moist, colorful and most of all delicious.—Collette Hunt, Chandler, Arizona
Recommended: Skinny Casseroles That Leave You Guilt-Free
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 small red potatoes (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water; microwave, covered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; drain.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- Add spinach to same pan; cook and stir 30-45 seconds or until wilted. Drain spinach and squeeze dry; coarsely chop. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, wine, oregano, pepper and salt; stir in cheddar cheese, ham, Swiss cheese, onion and spinach. Gently stir in potatoes.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Triple-Cheese Florentine Frittata in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p68