This scrumptious stuffed French-toast earned "most outstanding" honors in a local berry festival contest. It sure perks up a Sunday morning!—Leandra Holland, Westlake, California
Recommended: What to Eat When It's Too Hot to Cook
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 carton (8 ounces) strawberry cream cheese
- 4 pieces white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Strawberry syrup or confectioners' sugar
- Spread some cream cheese on two pieces of bread. Top with sliced berries, making a complete blanket over the cheese. Top each with the remaining bread.
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk. In a frying pan or griddle, melt butter or heat oil over medium-high. Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture and fry until golden on both sides. Top with strawberry syrup or confectioners' sugar and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Triple Berry Wake-up Breakfast in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p23