Triple Apple Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled apples
- 3/4 cup warm apple juice (70°-80°)
- 1/4 cup warm applesauce (70°-80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 101 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 20, 2013
This bread is very tasty! I just finished baking a loaf and couldn't wait for it to cool down. It was a bit "sticky", but still good. I had mine with apple butter on it! YUM!!
Nov 4, 2010
Nice texture and flavor. Went well with our pork roast dinner. Only thing I did differently was cut the cinnamon to 1/2 t.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.