Tried ‘n’ True Peanut Butter Cookies
When I want to offer friends and family a tried-and-true cookie, this is the recipe I turn to. Use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter with delicious results.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 18 dozen
- 4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons salt
- In a several large bowls, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Editor's Note: This recipe can be halved to fit into a mixing bowl.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 210 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.