- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 pint chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 1-3/4 teaspoons water, divided
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 6 waffle ice cream bowls
- 6 tablespoons whipped topping
- 3 pieces black rope licorice, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 9 maraschino cherries, patted dry, halved
- Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Drop small scoops of ice cream into pecans; roll to coat. Place on a baking sheet; freeze until firm. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons water and green food coloring; add 1-1/2 cups coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine yellow food coloring and remaining water; add remaining coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint.
- Place coated ice cream balls in waffle bowls. Sprinkle with green coconut. Dollop with whipped topping. Sprinkle with the yellow coconut and licorice; top with the cherries. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tricky Taco Cups in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p57
Reviews for Tricky Taco Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review