This decorated cookie wll be sure to trick your guest goblins at your Trick-or-Treat party. Kids will enjoy helping to decorate it, too!--Shirley Petryk, Redmond, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red paste or gel food coloring
- 3 ounces white candy coating, grated
- 2 red Fruit Roll-Ups, unrolled
- 1/2 cup French burnt peanuts
- 4 medium green gumdrops
- 2 black licorice twists
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Pat onto a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with white candy coating. Cut Fruit Roll-Ups into 1-1/4-in. circles to resemble pepperoni; arrange over frosting. Top with peanuts for sausage. Dice gumdrops and black licorice to resemble green pepper and olives; sprinkle over top. Cut into wedges.
Originally published as Slumber Party Cookie Pizza in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.