Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 20 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup refried beans
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced ripe olives, green pepper strips and green onions
- Using 3-in. Halloween-shaped cookie cutters, cut out one shape from each tortilla. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz cutouts with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the beans, salsa and cumin; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in cilantro. Spread 1 tablespoonful bean mixture on each cutout; top each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake for 3 minutes or cheese is melted. Using the olives, green pepper and onions, add faces.
Oct 30, 2011
These were really cute and fun to make. It would take too much time to make enough for a party, so we made some and sprinkled them on top of a large bowl of regular tortilla chips. They added lots of Halloween character to an otherwise regular bowl of tortilla chips.