This fun Halloween cake looks like a giant trick-or-treat bag with lots of sugary candy spilling out of it. I came up with the idea after reminiscing with my sisters about the times we went trick-or-treating together. —Amy McCoy, Huntington Beach, California
Featured In: 19 Scary-Good Halloween Cake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 1 tube each black, orange and green decorating gel
- Assorted candies
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer the cake to a 20x17-in. covered board. Cut a zigzag pattern on one short end of cake to resemble the top of a treat bag. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting; decorate, as desired, with gels and candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Trick-or-Treat Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p16