Trick-or-Treat Biscuit Pizzas
These cute pizza pockets are so fun and simple to make. The hardest part will be keeping little hands away before your guests arrive! –Jody Tanner, Milwaukie, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- Assorted food coloring
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 4-in. circle. Transfer four biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet; spread pizza sauce to 1/2 in. of edges. Top each with pepperoni, pineapple, olives and cheese.
- With Halloween cookie cutters, lightly press a different design into each of the remaining biscuits. Place over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Divide egg yolk among three custard cups; tint each portion with a different color. Brush over Halloween shapes. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 496 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1478mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Trick or Treat Pizza Biscuits in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.