Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in nuts (do not overmix).
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 356 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 3, 2011
The icing was not tasting like coffee , I would definetely make it again and try more coffee on the icing! Fudgy and good!
Jun 3, 2009
These were just okay to me. Regular brownies with icing which in my opinion do not need the extra sweetness from the icing. It was just too much.
Dec 21, 2008
These brownies are absolutely delicious. I made them for a Christmas potluck at work and received rave reviews from my colleagues. It is definitely a keeper.
Nov 14, 2008
The frosting on these brownies are simply yummy. I made these for my church bazaar, and now I have to make them for myself.