- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in nuts (do not overmix).
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine icing ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forTreasured Brownies
"The icing was not tasting like coffee , I would definetely make it again and try more coffee on the icing! Fudgy and good!"
"These were just okay to me. Regular brownies with icing which in my opinion do not need the extra sweetness from the icing. It was just too much."
"The frosting on these brownies are simply yummy. I made these for my church bazaar, and now I have to make them for myself."