With big handfuls of dried apricots and cherries, almonds and pistachios, we make dozens of treats you can take anywhere.—Donna Pochoday-Stelmach, Morristown, New Jersey
Recommended: 40 Tasty Snacks That Are (Surprisingly) Low-Calorie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 cup mixed nuts, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup M&M's minis
- Place almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground. While processing, gradually add honey and extract. Remove to a large bowl; stir in cherries, mixed nuts and candies. Divide mixture in half; shape each into an 8-in. long roll. Wrap tightly in plastic; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut rolls into 1/2-in. slices. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Trail Mix Slices in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016