From Hugo, Colorado, Patricia Jones writes,"These hearty muffins blend stick-to-your-ribs granola, fruit, nuts and chocolate chips. They're perfect for a breakfast on the go or any time you need a lift."
Recommended: 30 Perfectly Sweet Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chips, peanuts, raisins and apricots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Trail Mix Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p65
Reviews forTrail Mix Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2014 Edited Sep. 1, 2014
"I thought these were pretty tasty and kind of unique. Will make again."
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2013
"Very easy to prepare and very nutritious!!!"