Trail Mix Apple Salad
I created this salad as a way to make use of the many wonderful apple varieties available in the fall. It's also a great way to add healthy nuts and seeds to your diet.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium apple, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the apple and lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Trail Mix Apple Salad in Reminisce February/March 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.