- 3 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Peel and cube; place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Add the celery, onion, olives, salt and celery seed. Fold in mayonnaise and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTraditional Potato Salad
"Have made many potato salad recipes but this is our new favorite! Did substitute dill pickles for the olives other than that followed the recipe. The celery seed adds another level of flavor. Definitely reminded me of days gone by. Made 1 day ahead."
"I omit the olives and chill overnight"
"Just like my mother made when I was a kid. We make this recipe for every outing in the summer and if there is any leftovers we all fight for some to take home. It has a a perfect blend of celery and egg."