Traditional Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Peel and cube; place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Add the celery, onion, olives, salt and celery seed. Fold in mayonnaise and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 488 calories, 37g fat (0 saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 21, 2015
Have made many potato salad recipes but this is our new favorite! Did substitute dill pickles for the olives other than that followed the recipe. The celery seed adds another level of flavor. Definitely reminded me of days gone by. Made 1 day ahead.
May 15, 2013
I omit the olives and chill overnight
May 15, 2013
Just like my mother made when I was a kid. We make this recipe for every outing in the summer and if there is any leftovers we all fight for some to take home. It has a a perfect blend of celery and egg.