Traditional Chicken A La King Recipe
We raise fryers to feed our family for months. And this is one of our favorite ways to prepare chicken. It's a traditional dish that's sure to please.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Warm biscuits
- 1. In large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, carrots, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and sage; stir in milk and broth until smooth. Gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened; Add peas and chicken.
- 3. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Traditional Chicken A La King
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2012
"This has turned into my goto recipe for chicken ala King! I love the sage flavor. When I am short on time, I use frozen veggies instead and serve over rice."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC