Touch of Spring Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh rhubarb
- 6 small fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and rhubarb.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Place a strawberry half, cut side down, on each. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 5, 2011
Yum!! Not super sweet, which I enjoyed. :) The rhubarb and strawberry was a great combination in and was really easy.
Apr 19, 2010
Best warm! I used frozen fruit and it still turned out great! Devoured very quickly!
Apr 11, 2010
Delicious, fresh and moist.