Touch of Spring Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh rhubarb
- 6 small fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and rhubarb.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Place a strawberry half, cut side down, on each. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 5, 2011
Yum!! Not super sweet, which I enjoyed. :) The rhubarb and strawberry was a great combination in and was really easy.
Apr 19, 2010
Best warm! I used frozen fruit and it still turned out great! Devoured very quickly!
Apr 11, 2010
Delicious, fresh and moist.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.