Tossed Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 280 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Jul 22, 2017
Family loves this salad
Jun 25, 2014
Took this today to a picnic and it was the hit of all the food. It was sooo good! I made 3 minor changes: I added an extra egg, omitted the salt and sprinkled about a tablespoon of dried minced onion flakes into the jar of dressing instead of bothering with the green onions. This recipe makes a lot of dressing. I personally like a lot of dressing on my salad but.........Do NOT pour all this dressing onto the salad at once. I only poured about 1/2 of the jar on and it was a little too much, I thought. If I had poured it all on, I would have been serving spinach salad soup! The dressing is delicious so keep any leftover for another salad.
Aug 23, 2009
This salad is the perfect combination of flavors with a creamy French dressing that is to die for! We have found a new favorite salad.