Tossed Salad with Vinaigrette
A crisp salad is the perfect complement to any meal. With its tangy dressing and garden-fresh ingredients, this versatile salad has become a regular on hectic nights—and on those days when I do have time to spare!—Jean Atherly, Red Lodge, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 6 fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss the greens and vegetables. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad and toss. Serve immediately.