Tossed Salad with Spinach Dressing
Here's a delicious salad that's perfect for cookouts. The spinach dressing adds wonderful flavor to the vegetables.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups cauliflowerets
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, lettuce, onion, olives and blue cheese. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 117 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Tossed Salad with Spinach Dressing in Country Extra July 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.