Here's a colorful salad with a wide range of tastes and textures that go together so well. There are sweet peaches, tart lemon, tangy vinegars and all kinds of crunch from greens, bacon and nuts. —Denise Elder, Hanover, Ontario
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium ripe peaches, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Slice three peaches; set aside. Cut the remaining peach in half; place in a blender. Add the sugar, lemon juice, vinegars and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, romaine, onion and cucumber. Pour about 2/3 cup dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter; top with sliced peaches and bacon. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Salad with Peaches in Country Woman August/September 2008, p39
Reviews forTossed Salad with Peaches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2012
"This was delish. I loved the bacon in it. I added candied pecans and a bit or Gorgonzola it went perfect with grilled pork chops."
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2011