Tossed Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 142 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2014
This is so simple and I can't believe how delicious it was! I used thick cut peppered bacon from the meat department instead of pre packaged stuff and it was amazing. Will make it again very soon.
Feb 5, 2013
I made this for a church supper. I had many requests for the recipe. I did serve the dressing on the side plus had some otheer choices. I'm making a double recipe for our lasagna meal at our next church supper. Yum.