Tossed Salad with Artichokes
This is a wonderful salad recipes that I acquired from a friend. It's quick and easy to prepare, and is always a hit with my family and guests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, onion, artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 161 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
May 17, 2010
Easy salad to put together. I did top each salad with grilled chicken breasts to round out a meal. Delicious!!!
May 8, 2008
Excellent salad, dressing had a nice zing to it - the family loved it