- 6 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash dried thyme
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- Sliced cucumbers, quartered cherry tomatoes and shredded carrot
- in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 11 ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, combine the greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots in a salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forTossed Italian Garden Salad
"I tired this recipe for the first time today for my book club. I made it exactly per directions. I want a dressing to make a statement. This did not do it. It was very bland. I will not make again."
"I really enjoyed this salad and plan on serving this to guests this weekend."