Tossed Eggplant Salad
This unusual combination of taste and texture makes a very colorful salad. A dollop of dressing enhances the taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2/3 cup dressing)
- 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and eggplant in oil until tender; add to lettuce mixture.
- In a blender, combine the egg substitute, Dijon mustard, ground mustard, garlic salt, basil and oregano; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; stir in vinegar. Serve with salad.