Tossed Cranberry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a blender, combine the sugar, oil, onion, vinegar, cranberry sauce, salt and mustard; cover and process until blended. Add poppy seeds; cover and pulse for 5-10 seconds. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 13, 2013
I served this at a luncheon & it was delicious,great for the holidays! Love the balance of veggies & zip of cranberry.
May 24, 2013
This is a family favorite. Easy and delicious !
Apr 16, 2013
Very good!! Did not have cider vinegar so I used fresh OJ and rice vinegar. Thank you for sharing.
Dec 29, 2012
The perfect salad to serve at Christmas dinner! I also added some peacans. Super yummy! Everyone loved it, and a couple recipe requests were made.
Jun 22, 2011
This has become a favorite in our home. It is easy to make, colorful and tastes great. I like to keep some dressing in the 'fridge for later.