Tossed Cranberry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a blender, combine the sugar, oil, onion, vinegar, cranberry sauce, salt and mustard; cover and process until blended. Add poppy seeds; cover and pulse for 5-10 seconds. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2013
I served this at a luncheon & it was delicious,great for the holidays! Love the balance of veggies & zip of cranberry.
May 24, 2013
This is a family favorite. Easy and delicious !
Apr 16, 2013
Very good!! Did not have cider vinegar so I used fresh OJ and rice vinegar. Thank you for sharing.
Dec 29, 2012
The perfect salad to serve at Christmas dinner! I also added some peacans. Super yummy! Everyone loved it, and a couple recipe requests were made.
Jun 22, 2011
This has become a favorite in our home. It is easy to make, colorful and tastes great. I like to keep some dressing in the 'fridge for later.