Tossed Chicken Salad
My mom came up with the recipe for this delicious chicken salad. It's great as a side dish or as a meal.—Gabriela Cappelli, Rock Springs, Wyoming
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing or reduced-fat salad dressing of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 199 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Tossed Chicken Salad in Country Woman September/October 2003