I first learned about this salad when a relative of mine made it. I liked it so much that I asked for the recipe. I modified it a little by adding the bacon to it. It's a delicious salad, and the sauce really enhances the flavor!
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, cheese and onion. In a separate bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Toss with broccoli mixture. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Broccoli Salad in Country Extra March 1991, p49
Reviews forTossed Broccoli Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review