This family favorite was given to me by a friend who received it from her friend in Southern California. I like to serve it with refried beans and Spanish rice.—JoAnne Radosevich, Ottumwa, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies and taco seasoning; mix well. Layer one tortilla, 1 cup meat sauce and 2/3 cup cheese on 10-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Repeat layers four times. Top with the remaining tortilla and cheese. Microwave uncovered, on high for 3-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with toppings of your choice.