Tortilla Snack Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or onion powder
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Brush butter over one side of each tortilla. Combine the seasonings; lightly sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each tortilla. Make two stacks of tortillas, with three in each stack. Using a serrated knife, cut each stack into nine thin strips.
- Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 88 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Feb 12, 2015
These are not only easy they are super crisp and tasty. I did not use the butter. Instead I used olive oil. And I made them spicy by adding some of my favorite spices. Keep and eye on them as they will burn very quickly. I'd like to suggest lowering the heat to 375. They are heavy enough to hold heavier dips.Very Nice Recipe.Janie
Oct 2, 2011
A great snack to put together at the last minute. I also made some with cinnamon-sugar-- very good when you want to cure a sweet tooth!
Jul 3, 2010
The recipe was so easy to follow. They came out so crisp and flavorful.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.