Tortilla-Salsa Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 slices day-old white bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup each chopped green pepper, onion and celery
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- Place bread in an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa, tortilla chips, green pepper, onion, celery, jalapeno, garlic, pepper, Italian seasoning and seasoned salt. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Pat into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Invert meat loaf onto a serving platter; discard bread. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 315 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 19, 2018
Made as written and this was AMAZING! Neat recipe to actually make and lots of yummy food!
Dec 1, 2009
I made more mixture than would fit in my pan, so I added a bit more tortilla chips to mixture and made burgers the next day. really good.