Tortilla Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, taco seasoning, garlic powder and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and chili powder. In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Arrange five tortillas, overlapping, in the bottom of prepared dish; spread with 1/2 cup salsa. Layer with half of the meat mixture, onion and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 568 calories, 36g fat (21g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1180mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Tortilla Lasagna
"This was ok. I wanted more to it."
"Even my picky kid who doesn't usually like tacos liked this one. I did make some changes. I cooked diced onion and peppers with the meat and omitted the garlic and cayenne (1.5# of meat). Used HEB "That green sauce" in the sour cream instead of chili powder, and only used sharp cheddar cheese."
"My family gave it 5 thumbs up! Even my foreign exchange student from Mexico thought it was great!"
"This would probably be good; would definitely ditch chili powder, and use only small amt. taco seasoning. Instead of salsa would use mild Pace picante sauce. Some folks may say *what's point of making if not following directions*."
"This was really good! I made a few adjustments. I didn't have corn meal, so I sprayed the baking dish with pam--no problems. As a matter of fact, the bottom tortilla layer browned and got crispy--very good! I added an onion and minced garlic to the meat while it was cooking (didn't add the garlic powder or fresh onion to the casserole layer), and I added a can of whole pinto beans and a small can of chopped green chilies to the meat mixture after it was cooked."
"This was a very popular dish even with my 7 picky eaters!"
"Awesome! I used mild cheddar cheese and it turned out delicious!"
"The flavor was good but next time I would try doubling the ground beef and making another layer of everything."
"This was very tasty. I used roasted tomatillo salsa instead of traditional and I sauteed my onion with the ground beef and added garlic instead of the powder. This was a big hit and will be making it regularly."
"I used a combination of cheddar and pepper jack cheese to give it a little extra heat. And, I made the salsa homemade. I took it to a party and it was a hit! So yummy!"
"This was a hugh hit with my family. Added crushed nacho chips to top before serving. Have passed recipe on to others and many love it."
"Friends and family love this recipe. We've made this recipe three times now. We do change the ingredients around to our own taste."
"My husband and I really liked this recipe. I cut back on the amount of ground beef and added about 2/3 cup of black beans."
"My family loves this recipe. It is simple to make. It has become a favorite."