Tortilla Fruit Pie
Here's a fun no-fuss way to fix dessert for one. Simply cook fresh peach slices with lemon juice, brown sugar and almond extract and bake inside a folded flour tortilla. It's sure to sweeten any meal. The recipe was submitted by Ann Sobotka of Glendale, Arizona.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large ripe peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 teaspoons butter. Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice and extract. Add peach slices. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place tortilla on an ungreased baking sheet. Spoon peach mixture onto half of tortilla to within 1/2 in. of sides; fold tortilla over. Melt remaining butter; brush over the top. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut in half.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 429 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Tortilla Fruit Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.