Tortilla Beef Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups tortilla chips in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture, salsa and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining chips. Bake 3 minutes longer or until chips are lightly toasted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1083mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Jul 15, 2013
Similar to the other reviews, we added refried black beans and frozen corn to the meat mixture (less than 1 lb of meat, which we also seasoned with chipotle seasoning). Also, instead of salsa, we used green chile enchilada sauce. This would make a great dip to serve at parties, too!
Jun 30, 2012
Another family favorite since it appeared in your magazine several years ago. I have a friend who is gluten intolerant, so I replaced the cream of chicken soup with refried beans. She loved it.
Feb 21, 2012
Made this for supper and added a can of rinsed/drained whole kernel sweet corn. Next time, will also add a can of rinsed/drained black beans and reduce the meat to 1 pound. Has a very nice flavor & is hard to stop eating!
Jun 26, 2009
Very easy and pretty good-I would add sour cream to the top also.
Dec 20, 2008
I USUALLY ADD A LAYER OF HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS IN THIS CASSEROLE AND TOP IT OFF WITH A LAYER OF SOUR CREAM. EASY AND DELICIOUS FOR UNEXPECTED COMPANY.....WITH NO LEFT OVERS. SIGNED, JANCI HARRIS---MURRIETA,
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.