Tortellini Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 cup each frozen corn, sliced carrots and cut green beans
- 1 cup diced uncooked potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen beef or cheese tortellini
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the onion and celery in oil. Add the broth, corn, carrots, beans, potatoes, basil, thyme and chives; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and tortellini. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until tortellini is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 153 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 27, 2016
Made this for dinner tonight. Cut the recipe in half as there are just the two of us, but hubby and I liked this very much.will definitely make again!
Apr 11, 2015
Super easy and fast supper and quite filling when served with some garlic bread. I added 2 tbsp of minced garlic and a good splash of red wine. It was delicious! Thanks!
Dec 29, 2014
Based on the user comments, I really expected to be impressed by this soup. But it tasted very much like Campbell's vegetable soup (admittedly with more vegetables) with tortellini. It was good, but nothing special.
Sep 24, 2012
Delicious soup. I used fresh carrots and sauted them with the celery and onions. This will be a go-to weeknight soup recipe for me ... so quick and delicious!
Dec 24, 2011
Dec 15, 2011
My husband, who is always complaining that things need "more flavor", said this was "the best soup he has ever put into his mouth." I will definitely be making this again!
Nov 21, 2011
Making this again for the second time.Soooo good! I will half the recipe this time, but I froze leftovers the first time and it reheated well.
Mar 1, 2011
Delicious! It was a surprising delight. :)
Nov 6, 2008
This is the best soup. My even my 12 year old and 15 year old sons love it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.