- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas or vegetable of choice, partially thawed
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini,* cooked and drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add meat and seasonings; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add vegetables; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add tortellini and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTortellini Toss
"Fantastic recipe! I prepared a little differently (sauteed all the veggies together separately, then the meat by itself, then added them all together at the end to warm up), used a couple pats of butter together with some olive oil to saute the veggies which in my case were some fresh bell pepper, carrots, celery, along with the onion. This is quite a versatile recipe which I just love. And so easy to throw together. I can count on one hand the number of times I've prepared tortellini in my life, but I happened to have some on hand in the freezer that I wanted to use up and now I won't hesitate to make this my "go to" recipe. It is also company-friendly, big time! Hubby and I have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow night. Thank you. :-)"
"Absolutely fabulous! We used fresh sugar snap peas and omitted the parm cheese (by accident) and it was so incredibly tasty!"
"Delicious! I used frozen cut green beans, omitted the onion & Parmesan cheese, & used regular pepper instead of lemon pepper. So good."