Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) pork breakfast sausage links
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup refrigerated tortellini
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown sausage; drain and cut into bite-size pieces. Return to pan; stir in the next nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add tortellini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 117 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 24, 2013
quick easy used up some leftover tortellini from the freezer
Dec 27, 2011
This recipe was excellent. I ended up doubling the recipe but didn't have enough stewed tomatoes. I added a can of tomato soup instead as well as some beef bullion cubes. Excellent! I will definitely make this again!
Dec 10, 2009
This soup is absolutely delicious and so very easy. A very warm soup for winter time dinners.
Oct 14, 2009
Awesome, I substitued pork sauage instead of the breakfast sauage, and was wonderful, will make again