Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup julienned pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine tortellini with all of the remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 331 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat.
Apr 5, 2016
What an unexpected combination---romaine and tortellini! A beautiful salad for guests or family, with the soft tortellini and crunchy croutons simply a great pairing. The tomatoes add brightness . Love the dressing too. We will enjoy the salad many times this summer, in fact most likely all year long. A great make ahead salad that can be tossed together when you arrive home from a busy day.
Dec 3, 2010