Tortellini Chicken Salad
You can substitute any type of cheese tortellini. Since this salad needs to chill, plan ahead.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated tricolor cheese tortellini
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, chicken, olives, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 396 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1024mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Tortellini Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.