- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings.
- In same pan, combine cream, cheese, parsley and bacon; heat through over medium heat. Stir in tortellini. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTortellini Carbonara
"This recipe was so simple and so delicious, I can't believe I hadn't tried it before now. While it was great as is, it lends itself to all sorts of wonderful additions as other reviewers have noted."
"Made exactly as stated and it was wonderful!! No leftovers so that always tells me it was a hit. Super simple and delicious! I'm making it again tonight to bring over to my parents to enjoy."
"This dish is ridiculously simple and delicious. I didn't make any changes, only time saving tip, I cooked and chopped bacon for this and another dish ahead, so I could save that step, just need to heat it up! Absolutely LOVE this dish! Well let's face it, bacon, cream, cheese, pasta, what's not to love-although I've had these usual suspects in dishes, it was a completely unique dish, with the perfect flavor combinations."
"This was pretty good. I used chopped ham in place of bacon, added onion, garlic and fresh sauteed mushrooms. I used a substitution for the heavy cream to cut back on the calories and fat. All in all, it was quite good and easy to prepare."
"I made this dish for an afternoon luncheon with my friends. They raved and thought I had worked on it for hours. It was sooooo easy (and delicious!)"
"I'm giving this recipe 5 stars just because it is soooo easy! I am super picky when it comes to good italian food, but the taste is just delicious. I didn't have fresh parsley so I used dried Italian herbs. I also added some garlic, extra cheese and peas. Next time I want to add mushrooms too."
"Added fresh sauted mushrooms and garlic"
"Love this! Will definitely double for lunch leftovers next time. Made exactly as recipe stated. Nothing to improve on."
"I used ckn tortellini, sauteed onions, mushrooms, and garlic, and used turkey bacon and added Italian seasoning and my hub ate almost the whole pot. Very good base for a great recipe."
"This was absolutely awesome! Our family of three had a very small amount of leftovers when we served a single batch with a Caesar salad."