- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings.
- In same pan, combine cream, cheese, parsley and bacon; heat through over medium heat. Stir in tortellini. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTortellini Carbonara
"Made with a larger package of tortellini and frozen cooked bacon heated in the microwave. Very easy and yummy! Did not add the parsley."
"Very easy to make and 2/3 of my family liked it, which is good for us. I used pancetta instead of bacon and it was really good. I usually don't have that on hand but it's a nice substitution. I also added spinach, peas, and mushrooms to get some veggies in. Cook a big batch of bacon ahead of time and freeze for a super fast weeknight meal."
"My family Loved it. I did double the recipe. We do like some meat in our meals so I cut up bite size pieces of chicken. Seasoned and sauteed it. Added it at the very end. Very yummy!"
"Wonder how some basil pesto would work in this recipe?"
"Yummy. I added the eggs to the sauce as indicated."
"I replace the parsley with a generous bunch of chopped, fresh spinach, or thawed frozen peas, stirred in just before serving. And don't forget to set aside some bacon pieces for garnish! This is pretty much the only way I use tortellini and ravioli."
"I made this the first time as written and thought it was a very good recipe, although I usually double it for my family. Since that time I have added garlic, onion, and/or mushrooms depending on what I have around the house. Great recipe and super simple. Perfect for a weeknight dish, especially if you cook the bacon the day before."
"This is one of the family favorites. We actually use it as a side dish. I often use real bacon bits instead of bacon, making it even simpler."
"Very good and easy to prepare."
"I made this exactly like the recipe, except for the brand of bacon. It was amazing! So simple and so good. A definite keeper!"