Tortellini Alfredo Recipe
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the peas, mushrooms and ham; cook until mushrooms are tender. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted.
- 2. Drain tortellini and place in a serving dish; add the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 579 calories, 45g fat (27g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 812mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Tortellini Alfredo
"I left out the ham (don't like it) and mushrooms (didn't have any on hand) and it still tasted fabulous. Definitely going to add the mushrooms next time though."
"This was delicious and super easy! I omitted the mushrooms and used a whole small onion instead, and it worked well!"
"I made this today (minus the mushrooms) and it was so good and so easy to make. Will definately make again!!!"
"Creamy and delicious. I added about 1/4 cup choppped red pepper and a couple cloves of garlic. Served with chicken french - yum."
"This is one of my favorite recipes! I always also add some minced garlic. Soooo good!"