- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 32 frilled toothpicks
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended. Remove to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Toss with oil. Thread tortellini and shrimp onto toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p50
Reviews for Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2012
"wow, incredible and delicious. Perfect idea for appetizers that are not the usual."